Fresh Air Is A Must

The following household products are toxic to birds. Birds are more susceptible to inhaled toxins than mammals due to their high metabolic rate and highly efficient respiratory system. If your bird breathes in these chemicals, it can result from anything from mild illness to acute death. We recommend using unscented products and keeping your bird away from these irritants.

  • Febreze and Downy Unstopables, alone or added to other products
  • Glade Plug-Ins
  • Scented Candles
  • Air Fresheners
  • Incense
  • Perfumes
  • Hair Spray
  • Spray Deodorant
  • Overheated non-stick cookware, drip pans, irons and ironing board covers
  • Oven Cleaners
  • Spray Cleaners
  • Carpet Cleaners (spray and powder types)
  • Drain Cleaners
  • Smoke (cigarette, wood fire, burning plastics)
  • Bleach and Pool Chemicals
  • Combustion Exhaust (cars and furnaces)
  • Insecticides
  • Pesticides
  • Cooking Bags
  • New Carpet
  • Space Heaters
  • Paint
  • Nail Polish/ Remover
  • Leather Protection Sprays
  • Overheated Cooking Oil
  • Cat Saliva & Scratches
  • Fabric Protectants

If you are unsure if a product is toxic to your bird please contact us prior to using the product by calling (408) 255-1739.